“THE INDISPENSABLE ONES!”
May 15, 2012
By definition, INDISPENSABLE means: “extremely necessary, desirable, essential; not to be done without.”
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE CALLED INDISPENSABLE? Without question, each of us, according to God, is INDISPENSABLE. But even more so are our families and children with exceptional needs!
I challenge you to read the following description of the Body of Christ like you are reading it for the first time:
“But now there are many members, but one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, ‘I have no need of you’; or again the head to the feet, ‘I have no need of you.’ On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which SEEM to be weaker are necessary (INDISPENSABLE); and those members of the body, which WE DEEM less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor… But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked, that there should be no division in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it (1 Corinthians 12:20-27).”
- FAMILIES AND CHILDREN WITH EXCEPTIONAL NEEDS ARE THE INDISPENSABLE ONES!
- WITHOUT THEM AND THEIR CHALLENGES WE AREN’T FULLY FUNCTIONING AS A BODY!
- WE NEED FAMILIES AND CHILDREN WITH EXCEPTIONAL NEEDS TO BECOME THE BODY OF CHRIST!
- IT IS THE DIVINE PLAN AND WISDOM OF GOD TO PLACE IN OUR MIDST THOSE WHO “SEEM” TO BE THE WEAKEST IN ORDER TO HELP US GROW IN BECOMING MORE LIKE HIM!
- GOD FOSTERS MATURITY IN US ALL THROUGH FAMILIES AND CHILDREN OF EXCEPTIONAL NEEDS!
- “THE LORD LOVES THE LOWEST, THE LAST, THE LEAST, AND THE LOST!”
“Making Sense of Autism” by Joni Eareckson Tada
GOD IS GOOD!